Anyone heard about the Swiss Badog X2 CNC

Small hobby routers and mills like the Badog, Artisan, CNC-shop, isel, k2, charly robot advice and experiences
5so95n
Site Admin

Postby 5so95n » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:34 pm

From the website i copy: Badog X2 has no major difference from Badog X3 - unless you count the smaller outstanding features. The only difference is in terms of speed, durability and power; but the rest of the features are the same. Badog X2 is more popular with small scale businesses, rather than their large scale counterparts. It has a powerful engraver and a sturdy mill that cuts through aluminum more efficiently.

Badog X2 comes with an option of utilizing free play adjusters, anti-backlash nuts and bearing compensators. All these free packages are adjusted to ensure that there are no unnecessary movements in the mother screw, bearing and axes.

Badog X2 can work on three axes hence producing 2.5 pieces since a three axes machine is not physically able to work in 3D. The final pieces can be used as models.

Badog X2 comes in with CAD and CAM solution software. The package also comes with all the functions of the set up that you need from the start to the end. Badog machines can use other software more specifically, step direction controller software including Camadd, Mach3 and Dolphin.

This CNC machine is cheap, relative to its functionality. Since the machine can be used to cut through a wide range of materials including plastic, wood and materials; the cost of procuring one is negligible. The multipurpose component goes a long way in giving taking care of your finances. You can save more by using this machine instead of purchasing different machines to carry out different operations.

has anyone actually had experience with this machine? let me know waht you all think of this model as it is the closest that i can find to me in europe
Uses
The machine has many capabilities just like professional CNC machines. The machine can simply handle all operations that require precision or repetition.

You can use Badog X2 for making wood, aluminum, plastic and prototyping. The machine design is quite suitable for all levels of expertise of hobbyists but can be used in large-scale workshop to assist the bigger machine from small operations like drilling, prototyping and engraving.
Moreover the machine can be used for airplane models, PCB circuits, metalwork, construction, sign manufacturing, watch making, molding and remote controlled car toys.

AloeVeritas

Postby AloeVeritas » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:08 am

Pretty neat machine. Where can I get one?

GratefulTuna

Re: Introducing the Swiss Badog X2 CNC

Postby GratefulTuna » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:27 pm

I have a good ole elegant Badog X2 CNC machine (You can see it here). It is Swiss made, and I am very particular about my machines. The reason for this is that , you know how the Swiss make their metal appliances - with precision and unrivalled dedication.

It is one of my most priced possessions, since I make a living out of it. One thing that immediately inspired me to buy it was that I saw its budget and was wowed. I mean, it favors a small business like mine and makes it thrive. It is not out of reach. It has drawn my family out of poverty.

I use it to engrave wood, which are bought and pre-ordered from my business by carpenters and small-businesspeople as their accessories for decorating their work. It is amazing how an addition of a small bit of décor to a cabinet makes its value to soar.

The machine has awesome features. It uses stepper motors and can work in 3D cutting. My dad once told me that treating machines with care, and generally keeping them in good shape make them gift you with years of service. That is my intention :D

AlmightyJackal9735

Postby AlmightyJackal9735 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:57 pm

Wow I am happy for you...I started with Badog X2 but I shifted to badog X3 because of its power and incredible speed. You should frequently sharpen important components. Always make sure your Badog maintains its sharpness for efficient operation. Ensure that you keep moving parts, well, at their best - I know that is Mechanics 101 but still…All I can tell you is the CNC routers are a brisk business for people who are savvy enough. The options are limitless.

Lambot909

Postby Lambot909 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:00 pm

If I may chip in a little tidbit; if you don’t perform routine maintenance on parts designed for sharpening, the level of production and quality will be below par and will happen gradually. You won't notice the dip in production but it will keep its ugly face hidden for a short time only. You will soon see inaccurate shapes being manifested and wonder if there is something you are doing wrong - and there is. Keep your machine in a good shape.

AloeVeritas

Postby AloeVeritas » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:03 pm

THANK YOU! I cant empasize Lambot's point enough. For general CNC machines routine sharpening can be done on end bills, lathe tools precision cutters and drill bits. That is about as much maintenance as a CNC router needs.

phillitusmundus

Postby phillitusmundus » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:14 pm

Hey, that is a very inspiring story right there, GTuna. It is inspiring to know that people can eke a living out of what others would consider a hobby. Cheers!
As a general addition to what others have said, here are some points well worth remembering.
:!: Keep an eye on component alignment. Make sure that all the components or attachments are well aligned as specified.
:!: In order to determine the alignment of your machine, start with making samples before the main operation.
:!: Then carefully inspect the samples in order to know which part of the machine need adjustments.

Jahrastafarai

Postby Jahrastafarai » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:17 pm

I can’t agree with you more on the sample stuff, miss. I know a number of machinists who skip that step and end up producing poor quality materials.

GratefulTuna

Postby GratefulTuna » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Thanks

0.98-0000000g

Postby 0.98-0000000g » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:31 pm

If your alignment is off, just realign the machine until you get accurate specification. You can check on your manual in case of difficulty or call in an expert.

Return to “Small hobby routers and CNC mills”