I want to be a successful cnc operator!

Posts from sucessful entrepreneurs who made it in the world using the power of a small cnc router
Marksman311

Re: I want to be a successful cnc operator!

Postby Marksman311 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:20 pm

Do you want to keep up with the competition? Innovation, innovation, innovation. Eat it. Sleep it. Walk it. Exude it. Be innovative as much as possible. Be creative with what you do and don’t limit yourself. And as any other business be very determined and work hard. Nothing comes easy you know. The trick is being unique in a smart way and avoiding imitating what others do.
Why procrastinate today? When you can do it tomorrow!

_Twain_
Site Admin

Postby _Twain_ » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:20 pm

Hey, from what I understand so far I would say that the main challenge in this business is marketing. Advertising your service or product can be very hectic. There’s a problem of imitation of your products and services from other competitors. The best way to fight this is to produce quality and to be ahead of your competitors in terms of production and performance as well.

AlmightyJackal9735

Postby AlmightyJackal9735 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:21 pm

I second Twain on the hot issue about marketing in business. Get a strategy in marketing that can work for this line of work. I think a bigger percentage for a business success widely depends on good marketing because after all, sales determine the progress a business. Another vital things to consider would include the type of machine you choose to use, the targeting market and the production you are making. Or is that not all that is crucial?

Marksman311

Postby Marksman311 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:22 pm

Yeap, very much this. I understand the fears of those of you who are worried about maintenance costs that come with the machine. Worry no more. For as long as you are using the machine according to the instructions given there isn’t any other maintenance needed. You can therefore save your money if you consider following the preventive measures on the usage.
Why procrastinate today? When you can do it tomorrow!

AloeVeritas

Postby AloeVeritas » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:23 pm

Guys, I recommend anyone to start this business because these machines unlike the older ones can work continuously without a problem. The maintenance of a cnc machine is normally done occasionally and that’s the only time it is not running generally.

FireCNC

Postby FireCNC » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:24 pm

Go ahead and venture into the field, OP. This business is unique. I find it interesting in so many ways. I have realized that I do not have to do the job myself if considering opening a workshop for this business. And at the same time there’s no money used for training the employees since they do not require much training compared to manual machines that needed skilled personnel.
Never let any mechanical device know that you are in a hurry.

Lambot909

Postby Lambot909 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:25 pm

I have invested on machines and I have no regrets or disappointments so far so good. I have specialized on mass production in my business on different types of products that have high demand in the current market. One can still choose to specialize with only one specific product as well. One thing I really appreciate most about the new machines is the fact that there are minimum wastes when it comes to material use. You can make multiple sizes and shapes within a short period of time without much waste. Therefore the process is not time consuming or labor intensive. Most of these machines are also not noisy as manual machines.

ximeon

Postby ximeon » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm

Thanks guys. You have given me more than enough tips to enable me to be a successful CNC operator. The whole forum has been educative though. Hey, you can chip in more ideas any time.
Share your business insights

phillitusmundus

Postby phillitusmundus » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:37 pm

That's impressive Anon1121

Adept

Postby Adept » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:08 pm

Can you help me know how you did it Anon1121..

Return to “Tell us your success story!”